Contra Costa Interfaith Coalition: CCIC volunteer needs
DRIVERS & HELPERS
Volunteer drivers pick up furniture donations as well as deliver furniture. The must have a current California Driver’s License and provide evidence of liability insurance with a minimum of $100,000/$300,000.
Helpers must be in good health, capable of lifting 40 lbs. and/or be able to work in tandem with a team member to lift items weighing in excess of 40 lbs. Note not accepted: Very heavy items such as king size mattresses, sofa sleepers, TV consoles, and large appliances.
- Volunteer drivers and helpers will be contacted at the beginning of each week to see their availability to pick up from donors or transport to the client’s front door.
- The driver will report to the team leader. He/she will receive a routing sheet with the name, address, phone number, and items listed to be delivered.
- The driver will work with the team leader and other volunteers to load and secure the items onto their truck or van.
- Upon completion of the assignment the driver will notify the team leader with a verbal report, which includes volunteers time from start to completion.
- Gas for the vehicle is part of the volunteer’s donation.
CCIC does NOT provide any health, accident, or auto insurance for volunteers. Auto Liability insurance IS provided beyond the driver’s own coverage. Volunteer Driver forms must be completed on file.
Contra Costa Interfaith Coalition Resource Partner
Have a little time and want to help others?
Did you get in trouble for talking to much in class?
We need you!
We need people that can spread the word about our material needs to their community, and keep eyes and ears open for used donations of items on our Needs List. This can be as little or as much as you want. Know someone that is moving, downsizing, or getting new furniture?
Know someone with a little spare time, and a large vehicle that can help move donations?
The number of people that can be helped is limited only by the amount of donations funneled to us, and the people that can help deliver them.