St. Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County
are continuing to distribute food from most of our 20 food pantries and emergency help through our SVdP branches
Your Neighbors Need You- St. Vincent de Paul is Here to HelpThe individuals and families that St. Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County, (SVdP), help are struggling now more than ever. They live paycheck-to-paycheck, and now their paychecks are gone. Many families have never needed assistance before, but do now.Visit St. Vincent de Paul’s website for an detailed update on services available: http://www.svdp-cc.org, or call (925)439-5060.
St. Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County is here to help:
- SVdP’s 750 Volunteers, “Vincentians”, from 29 branches throughout the county are still helping – providing emergency assistance and operating 20 food pantries.
- SVdP Family Resource Center in Pittsburg: The Emergency Food Pantry and Free Dining Room are open M-F, and we are taking calls to help people locate additional resources.
- St. Vincent de Paul’s Thrift Stores have closed, and as this is the organization’s “earned-income” we have lost a major source of revenue. This also resulted in laying off 28 employees.
- St. Vincent de Paul’s branches, who receive funding from their local parishes, have lost their quarterly collection – 100% of it gets distributed to local neighbors-in-need. This is a loss of $270,000 for the community.
Find Food Support Easily
Easily find food bank, school meal, and senior center food distribution sites
As the economic toll of #COVID19 hits our communities hard, hunger is a growing concern. Easily find food bank, school meal, and senior center food distribution sites!
Fortunately, free and low-cost food providers are ramping up their service, in a way that maintains social distancing.
MONUMENT CRISIS CENTER HOURS through 5/15
Location: 1990 Market Street, Concord, CA 94520
• MONDAYS 9AM -12 NOON FOOD DISTRIBUTION AND DONATIONS
• TUESDAYS 9AM -12 NOON FOOD DISTRIBUTION AND DONATIONS
• WEDNESDAY 9AM -12 NOON DONATIONS ONLY!
OR DONATE FROM HOME BY TEXTING MCC TO 41444!
Life Church East Bay, 4255 Clayton Rd., Concord, CA 94521 Collecting donations of non-perishable food 8AM-4PM Mon-Fri in their multi-purpose room to be delivered to Monument Crisis Center for the next two weeks.
“NO TOUCH” Drive Up Food Drive St. Joan of Arc Parish Parking Lot 2601 San Ramon Valley Blvd. San Ramon, CA 94583 WEDNESDAY APRIL 29TH, 10 AM- 12 NOON Drive up, pop your trunk, donate non-perishable food for Monument Crisis Center.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/480221654?pwd=TUFWd0VXeW1DMUQrSlBlc0ZqcGpUUT09
Meeting ID: 480 221 654
Dial in Option: 16699009128, Code: 480221654#
NAMI Peer Support Group:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/590216652
Meeting ID: 590 216 652
Dial in Option: 16699009128, Code: 590216652#
The Peer Employment Training that was going to be offered virtually through RI International has been postponed. Once we receive new information, I will send it out.