FWRNA Earth Day Cleanup
April 24 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
One event on April 24, 2021 at 9:00 am
Friends of Wagner Ranch Nature Area & Friends of Orinda Creeks – Earth Day Cleanup
- Saturday, April 17 from 9:00am – 12:30 pm, and
- Saturday, April 24 from 9:00am – 12:30 noon
Activity: Walk a section of San Pablo Creek and pick up trash.
- Register online and sign waiver. Waiver will be sent out with the instructions after they sign up.
- Meet at the location of the cleanup. We will need to figure out how many in each section of the creek, or if we need more sites.
- We will bring disposable masks, trash bags, and disposable gloves. Recommend that people bring work gloves and a reacher if they want.
- Wear shoes that can get wet/muddy. Bring a reusable water bottle.
- We need a FWRNA/FOC person with each group, at least 2 groups per day so 4+ from FWRNA/FOC. If we get lots of signups we may need more FWRNA/FOC volunteers.
Celebrate Earth Day with a creek cleanup!
Please celebrate Earth Day with the Friends of Wagner Ranch Nature Area (FWRNA) and Friends of Orinda Creeks (FOC) as we clean up trash in the San Pablo Creek. Our goal is to eliminate as much trash in the riparian area as possible. Bring your whole family (Age 5+) and enjoy a day helping Nature.
We will start with a very brief introduction to these two non-profits and clean-up instructions. Then we will break into groups with each group getting a different section of the creek. There will be representatives of FWRNA/FOC working with each group to answer questions about the creek and restock supplies.
We will provide disposable masks, trash bags, and disposable gloves. We recommend that you bring your own work gloves, and a reacher or other tool to easily pick up trash. Please wear clothing and shoes appropriate for the work we are doing – shoes and pants that can get muddy (boots/jeans). Bring a reusable water bottle. While rain will cancel that day’s activities, a light mist will not – liquid sunshine.
So please show your support for these two wonderful Orinda environmental non-profits and your downtown Orinda creek.
If you would like to donate, please go to:
Friends of Wagner Ranch Nature Area – https://www.fwrna.org/donate.html
Friends of Orinda Creeks – https://orindacreeks.org/join%2Fdonate
To sign up for the cleanup, please register through Sign-Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050449AAA62EA75-earth
After signing up, we will send you an email with instructions.
As Toris Jaeger says, “May Nature touch you today”.