United Latino Voices of Contra Costa is hosting Respect for Humanity Vigil Friday, Aug. 9th from 6 -8 p.m. at Todos Santos Park
August 9, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
This Friday evening, United Latino Voices of Contra Costa will be hosting a Respect for Humanity Vigil Friday, Aug. 9th from 6 -8 p.m. at Todos Santos Park, downtown Concord. in response to the mass shootings that have occurred, in El Paso, Gilroy and Dayton.
Aztec Dancers will be sharing their Indigenous Opening Rituals a bit before 6, so come early!
We need some help, here is what we are asking:
- Your attendance and support to demonstrate that we are united with each other
- Forwarding this email to encourage our brothers and sisters of all races, religious beliefs, LGBTQ etc to attend
- Co-sponsors that we can list on flyer as endorsing this event and who will encourage your members to attend
- People who can lead in chants and can bring their megaphones
- Speakers to address hurt, healing and unity
- Any musician who feels they have a song they want to share
Your support means so much to us at a time that so many Latinos and others in this country are fearful for their and their children’s lives.
Cosponsored by the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County, the Rainbow Community Center, and seek more community groups to join in the event. Religious leaders are invited to contact Concepcion to schedule times for them to share.
Feel free to contact me, Concepcion James with United Latino Voices via: email@example.com or by calling me at 925 787-8127 to let me know if you will support our event and if you can help.
Again, thank you so much for all the work you do to bring social justice into our communities and World.
United Latino Voices