Parkhaven Warming Center and the White Pony Express
The White Pony Express Free General Store is partnering with Parkhaven Community Church in Concord to provide food, clothing and overnight shelter to people who need these services. The program supports approximately 40 members and is focused on helping families with children, and the elderly. The church is located at 1187 Meadow Lane, Concord.
The White Pony Express is asking for volunteers to join us in supporting this program. WPE’s Homeless Services will run an onsite Boutique Closet where clothes will be stocked for guests to select as needed. We will prepare and distribute Breakfast to Go, prepare and serve Weekend Dinners and take Laundry to an offsite laundromat for processing.
There are many ways individuals and partnership organizations can help; and many volunteers are needed.
Please consider the following opportunities and let us know which of the services interest you. We are hoping that volunteers are able to sign up for these services on an ongoing day of week basis.
- Prepare Breakfast to GO Daily
- Distribute Breakfast to GO Daily from 6:30 to 7:00am at Parkhaven
- Prepare Weekend Dinners Saturday and/or Sunday
- Serve Weekend Dinner (Set Up & Clean Up) Saturday and/or Sunday from7:00 to 8:30pm at Parkhaven
- Host Mobile Closet Any Day 6:30 to 8:30pm at Parkhaven
- Laundry Service Any Evening from 6:30 to 9:30pm at local laundromat
The White Pony Express will provide more information to those of you who respond as soon as possible. The Parkhaven program is already underway so we hope to begin supporting them as soon as possible. We expect the program to run until the end of February.
Responses can be made by email to Homeless_Services@whiteponyexpress.org
Casandra Smith, Sr Consultant (925) 708 0286
Mary Brooks, Executive Coordinator (925) 588 6988
White Pony Express Free General Store
Directions for getting to Parkhaven Church at 1187 Meadow Lane, Concord:
- Exit 680 North on Monument Blvd
- Travel North East on Monument Blvd to Meadow Lane (Oak Grove is on the right)
- Left on Meadow Lane
- Church is on West side between Robin Ln and Gelbke Ln